May

In May we got to go support Maggie in her first dance recital! Poor mags was so scared of all the people but as soon as that music turned on she was ready to go and danced like no one was watching! It was amazing! Brooks was so excited to see her afterward and gave her the Minnie and balloon we got her. Oh the whole thing was just so sweet and I'm so glad we got to go!

 Dan and I have wanted to take Brooks to a Rough Riders game in Frisco for a while now. We decided on a weekend and went. Well we almost trashed the idea because Brooks was being so awful that morning. Whiny, crying, mad and frustrated about everything. Brooks took a nap and we decided to take a chance. We ended up stopping at Ikea first and grabbing a couple things we didn't know we needed. Then we went to the game. Thankfully everyone had great attitudes and Brooks truly loved it.

 The game started at 7 so we knew it was going to be a late night but Brooks did so good! We ate hotdogs and nachos at the ball park, got some popcorn and watched the game. I took Brooks to the playground they have there a couple of time, a toddler can only sit for so long but he enjoyed every bit!
  
  
Please compare the popcorn above to the bag below. I mean Dan and I for sure helped but Brooks was seriously going at it! He was being so good Dad even bought him a treat that came in a souvenir hat! What a spoiled boy. The weather was amazing too! Cloudy and breezy, even got a little cool when the sun went down yay!



I guess they have a ball dog named Brooks of something but this was just too perfect I needed a photo!


 After the game ended they let everyone run on the field to watch fireworks. I'm not sure how but Brooks totally got a 2nd wind of energy and just bolted across the field! He just kept running and running until the lights went out for the fireworks. He sat on dad's shoulders and watched the fireworks then we headed home. It was almost 11pm by the time we left so he was asleep in 2 seconds. But we have such a fun night it was seriously so perfect!


Brooks came to me one day with this crazy mark on his head. I couldn't really tell me what happened but I think he hit it against his windowsill? I kept a close eye on it for the next 24 hours but thankfully it went away. It worried me the way it looked, the placement and the fact he said it hurt. I'm glad it wasn't anything serious!

My little buddy and I running errands and that second picture was Mothers Day. My boys spoiled me with gifts, cupcakes and flowers. Love those two!

Brooks loves Baby James and of course so does Maggie! Baby J gets all the love! Brooks would constantly follow him around a lay in front of him in hope James would crawl over or lay on him it was pretty funny to watch.



"Mama take a picture?"

We had our first of many pool days! We went the day it opened and it was chilly! It was 80 degrees but cloudy and the wind kept picking up. We braved it and had an awesome time. Kids don't feel the cold ha! We brought toys and snacks and had lots of fun.




Brooks also got a big boy bed this month! I had been thinking about it for a while, then started talking to Brooks about it and just decided to go for it! He hadn't climbed out of his crib yet, he's a very obedient toddler, but I know he physically could. So I rewarded him for his great behavior and he now has a big boy bed! He was so excited for it! This was right after I assembled it.

He's had it for a couple weeks now and he hasn't gotten out of bed once! He has an Ok To Wake clock so he knows when he's able to get up from nap and in the morning. Also he's started having dry pull ups during naps and overnight. He's doing so good with all these changes!


Brooks wanted a picture of our pretty orange flowers that bloomed!

We had some crazy rain one weekend that resulted in our local park turning into a river. This isn't the first time this has happened... and probably won't be the last!




I've been working out consistently for the past 3 months and Brooks has been a big cheerleader. While I was getting dressed in my workout clothes he got all the things I needed out (and relatively in the right spot!) my mat, step stool and two chairs. Then he tried to copy some of my lunge jumps ha!



I had to document my first loaf of french bread

We had fire ants attack our grill... so I just turned it on and let them all burn!!


Brooks' hair grows like a weed, just like mine does! Time for a haircut, Dan and I both just love his hair short.

And After!
This is life with Brooks in one picture. You never know what you're going to find. Wood filler by the toothpaste?

We started Memorial Day weekend out with a hike at Eagle Mountain Lake. Brooks made it all the way out there but it took a lot of encouragement and carrying on the way back. We did some housework then after Brooks' nap we went to the pool and played out in the sunshine. We watched a movie of B's choice (Toy Story) that night. On Memorial Day Dan and Brooks biked to the park and played while I got a work out in. Then we went to our community's flag ceremony to honor the fallen. That happened to be at a different park so went it was over we played again!




We came home, had lunch and Brooks took a nap. That afternoon we had some friends come over for some hotdogs and swimming. I told Brooks we were going to set up the kiddy pool and when he woke up from his nap he was asking about the 'cat pool'. He thought I was saying 'kitty pool' haha! We had such a fun evening with friends and the 3 toddlers had A BLAST running around, playing, swimming, splashing. Watermelon, popsicles and hotdogs for all!

The last thing we did in May was go to the Library for Brooks reading 500 books! He picked out a Pete the Cat Train book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January