April

As the month went on April progressively got better! As busy season comes to a close we get to spend more time as a family and it's awesome! Dan worked really hard this season trying to balance a demanding work schedule and being a Scoutmaster. I don't think people realize how much goes into being a Scoutmaster and all the behind the scenes work. Dan put in a lot of hours and had to forego a lot of his time. He's awesome and just put his head down and went to work. I'm so thankful to have a husband that sacrifices for his family.


During busy season Brooks and I are buddies and we do our thing. We try to keep ourselves busy by going to the library, playing at parks, treat dates, feeding ducks, play dates, running errands and finding local events to go to on the weekends. Brook is also a great helper when we clean the house!


We had a great Easter and had a wonderful time watching General Conference. We watched some at our house then spent some time with Jenny and Phill.

Brooks had his 18 month check up and as soon as he saw the nurse to bring us to our room I think all the memories of shots flooded back and he lost it. He screamed to sit on the scale, to measure his height and take his temperature. Poor kid was so scared! He fell asleep on me later probably because he was so worn out from his morning!


On one of our days I really wanted to make cookies with Brooks so I pulled out one of those cookies in a bag mix. I thought this is perfect! Brooks can help, it's easy and it'll be fun. And it was all of those things until they came out of the oven.


As someone who prides themselves on being a good baker this was a stab to my ego. Brooks and I shared one and I threw the rest away. A couple days later I redeemed myself and made these home made beauties.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January