January

Having the holidays be over is always bittersweet for me. It's hard to take the tree down and put all the decor away. My house feels empty and it was so awesome to be in Colorado with family. But at the same time after traveling with a toddler, it feels good to be home and get back into our routine. Until our routine gets boring and mundane and we wish we could go back!

However I do enjoy the refreshment that a new year brings. When the season, month or year changes it's refreshing to me and helps me reflect and set goals. Ugh, I gotta be honest here. I'm not very good at setting goals. I'm afraid to set goals that I'll fail at. I'm afraid my goals aren't big or grand enough. I'd much rather set a non-committal "goal" (or like an idea) in my head and pleasantly surprise myself when I accomplish it. Wow that's hard for me to write out because it's so vulnerable and TRUE! I'm happy to say I'm doing better at NOT doing this! I've set personal, spiritual, financial, emotional, fun and physical goals that I'm excited about. Now that's it's the end of January I've already worked out 6 days a week for 3 weeks- HUGE for me!

Bottom line is that it makes a huge difference when you write them down and put specifics and time tables with them. Fear is never a good reason to hold yourself back.


On to our January! Busy season for Dan is in full swing until April. He handles it so well though and we make adjustments and roll with the punches so we all still have time together.



Brooks has a strong love for peanut butter and always NEEDS to hold it when we buy it.


I'm thankful this didn't happen IN Costco!


Brooks and Maggie play a lot and it's so fun to watch them together!

Sunday snuggles

His sweater. Those ears! Love.

We bundled up and went down town for the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo Parade. We've never been to the parade before and I wasn't sure if I wanted to with how cold it was, but we skipped naps, braved the weather and it was so fun! I'm glad we went.

 I'm glad we bundled up as much as we did because it was about 32 degrees. This parade is the largest non-motorized parade. It's all walking and horses! Brooks loved the horses and was constantly saying 'neigh!' at them. He was waving back at people, ah it was just darling!




We stayed as long as we could before Brooks was done (and kept wanting to run in the street) so we grabbed some lunch then went home and all took naps!

Brooks' new favorite activity is jumping on mama's bed! Not sure if I'm proud of that or not? 
Sure is fun!


I love dressing Brooks up for Sunday but Church is a bit tricky with this one! He'll be 16 months at the beginning of February and the Nursery class starts when they turn 18 months. We are literally counting down the Sundays haha! He's just so curious and busy who ever has him (which is Dan 90% of the time) just has to walk the halls during the classes. Dan is with the Deacons as Scoutmaster and I'm in the Primary Presidency so the times when we're both teaching 3rd hour Brooks gets passed around our awesome church family. 



We went to a 2nd birthday party for one of our friends' son. Lots of kids and Brooks had a blast! Other kids' toys are always better than your own right? He was so funny doing all his animal noises and showing everyone his belly. My favorite part was after we sung happy birthday he folded his arms ready for prayer HA! In church we frequently sing then pray so I guess he's getting the hang of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

January

This is Important