November

November is a great month in Texas because that's when fall (usually) begins. I say usually this time because this was the oddest Texas fall. We had record highs (in the 90's) in the middle of the month! Then it would swing back to fall temperatures. The up and down was annoying, I was dressing for cold weather in the morning, then hot weather for the afternoon. However I do enjoy this warm fall so Brooks and I can be outside.

We bought some wood and fired up (pun intended) our outdoor pit. Brooks was so good! He sat in his chair and ate cookies with us for all of 15 minutes before he kept trying to touch the fire. Pretty good for a 1 year old!



It's so nice to sit out back because we have open space behind us instead of houses. It can almost feel like you're camping.


Photo evidence of cupcake coma.
We invited our old neighbors (so sad they moved!) Shane and Jaclyn over for dinner and it was so good to see them! We miss them but they just closed on a new house and I'm so excited for them!

One Saturday I went with my friend Tara to a birthday celebration of our friend Mandi who suddenly passed earlier this year. She left behind a family with two beautiful girls. We drove out to Azle and spent time with her friends and family celebrating her life and legacy. We talked to the family about why they chose that specific cemetery and we learned that the Christus statue is the only other Christus outside of Europe apart from the one in Salt Lake City in the Visitors Center. It's an exact replica and placed over the open tomb. What a beautiful reminder that death isn't the end because of Jesus Christ.




Our bracelets say Make Mandi Beam as a reminder to be the best person you can be for her.


Brooks in both his states- lounging and non-stop

 To kick off Dan's week long off from work the three of us went down town to Sundance Square to see the tree lighting. It had been so windy that week that it started to look like the tree was leaning. Brooks danced to the music and got a little ansy waiting. It was so beautiful when it was lit up though! I also got to see Dan's office. They moved floors a while ago but I hadn't seen it yet but it was so cool.


I couldn't help but snap a quick picture before church because Brooks looked so darling!

Helping Dad with work

Nap hair and before the haircut

After the hair cut! We used the clippers and distracted him with a show. Baby Einsteins for the win!

We also ended up putting up the Christmas tree. It was even before Thanksgiving which isn't usual for us but oh well! It happened and I wasn't mad about it! Plus seeing Brooks look at it for the first time gave me all the feels!


AND THAT BELLY!

Everyone got haircuts that week including me! I hadn't cut my hair since before I was pregnant. I grew it out during the pregnancy and wanted to wait until after my hair all fell out post partum. Then I learned how to braid and that was fun for a bit. Then I just got sick of it. I have VERY thick hair and so many people say, 'Keep it long!' and I would except I have DOUBLE the amount of hair that a normal person does. That means it takes 2 days (DAYS) to air dry or 30 solid minutes of blow drying- then it's so FRIZZY. So 30 minutes of straightening (hence why I always braided it), 30 minutes to wash and condition and I won't even tell you how much shampoo I have to use! Bottom line it's a hassle.



I found a local salon and took advantage of Dan being home for the week to schedule my big chop. I had no idea how much you need to have to donate but I had enough! Two 13 inch pony tails that went to Wigs for Kids! One pony tail is the normal amount for one head of hair. 


I LOVE my haircut. I'm used to having short hair and love how easy it is for me to do. Some day I can just wake up and brush it then I'm done! I was wondering if Brooks would have a reaction but he didn't care or notice haha!

We spent Thanksgiving with one of Dan's coworkers and we had a great time. Poor Brooks woke up kind of sick so he was a little crazy but he sure looked cute in his turkey shirt! We ate so much food and it was all delicious. I think Brooks' favorite part was the rice krispy treats.


Brooks was so spoiled having Dad home all week. Can you tell he really loved it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January