Blessing Day + Photo Dump


In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints babies are blessed and named in church. Dan gave Brooks a wonderful blessing and we were so glad to have family in town to join us.











This outfit was made by my mom, my Aunt Sue and Aunt Sheree from my mom's wedding dress. It turned out great! I can't thank them enough for their talent and skill.
Good thing I took these pictures a couple days before because he spit up down the front of it right as we left for church!




My new favorite picture











After church we had everyone over for lunch and it was delicious and awesome!


My Grandma made this adorable birth announcement!











 Brooks favors one side of his head so my pediatrician recommended a rolled up blanket to make him look the other way. Obviously he doesn't see to care that he's supposed to be looking the other way!



The weather was beautiful the week before Thanksgiving!


My parents came to town for the blessing and also to spend a couple days with us Brooks. We went to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and it was really cool. On the drive there Brooks basically threw up all over himself. Poor thing was soaked! We stripped him down in the trunk and got him all dry and he did pretty good the rest of the time. Always bring extra baby clothes!


It was so fun to have my parents in town and have them help me with Brooks. When you become a parent you start to realize how much your parents love you and all that they've done for you. You become humbled, more thankful and grateful.

While Dan's parents were in town we went to Top Golf. It was my first time and although I'm a horrible golfer I was still able to have fun!


When I make him do tummy time and he just gives up.

Brooding much? This was after he had a meltdown while we were out to dinner and then wouldn't eat, I made a makeshift swaddle and tucked him in real tight so he would calm down. It worked but you would tell he wasn't happy about it! (also note the white noise machine = his pacifier)

With Dan's family we all went to the Dallas Arboretum at night for the 12 Days of Christmas lights. Brooks all bundled up looked so cute! I wasn't sure how he'd do since he's pretty crazy in the evenings sometimes but he was SO good and LOVED the lights!



 
Look at this face! Totally amazed at the lights. It was so fun to watch him when he was awake.

He is starting to smile and recognize us more and more. It melts my heart!

The next two photos are the only two I took on Thanksgiving Day. Shows you where my priorities are- baby and food.


We hosted Thanksgiving at our house for Dan's parents and his sister Jen and their family. You'd think having to host Thanksgiving would send me into a panic but it didn't! Honestly because I didn't do anything ha! Eric fried the turkey out back, Dan made the potatoes, Sylvia made the stuffing & gravy, Jen brought the appetizers, rolls, sweet potatoes and pies. I made deviled eggs and the drinks. I'm pretty sure I would have been freaking out if I had to cook it all for my first time!


I have no desire to go out on Black Friday and hit the stores. This year was no different and it sounded even more exhausting with a new baby in tow. However I am ALL about the online shopping. And for me and the things I'm buying I always get better (or the same deals) on Black Friday compared to Cyber Monday. Brooks had a rough night before so it was a sweats and online shopping kind of day. Dan and I got all our Christmas shopping done and it feels great! Now we can focus, do and spend our time on other things! And of course after a hard time Brooks is just melting my heart with these smiles!!



Sweater vest at church! So adorable! And I'm discovering how to go to church with a fussy baby. So far I've made it 3 full Sundays, we're on a roll!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January