Raining Cats and Dogs (Week 33 & 34 Updates)

I'll have you know that I spilled water ALL DOWN my belly right before this. Awesome. 
How far along:
33 weeks
Baby is as big as a: 
Pineapple
Total weight gain: 
22 pounds
Maternity clothes: 
I'm trying to keep variety in my work wardrobe rather than just wearing my favorite new maternity shirts every week.. I don't know if it's working. I only wear skirts to work and some of my skirts are getting tighter, yikes! I only have so many weeks left though...it's not worth it  to buy anything else at this point, I will survive!
Sleep:
Most of the time sleep is good. I've had a couple nights where I didn't sleep well and I was DRAGGING the next day. Most nights I can get comfortable and sometimes I end up on my back... oops. I am now in the stage where sometimes I HAVE to get up in the middle of the night to pee. If you know me, then you know I RARELY get up in the middle of the night. I love sleep and everything else can wait. Well as my bladder size decreases I just have to get up now. The reason why I don't like getting up is because when I physically stand up it wakes me up pretty good and sometimes I have a hard time falling back asleep. Having some great muscle cramps when I sleepily stretch in the morning.
Movement?
This week I feel a lot more rolling movement rather than just kicks and jabs. Baby had hiccups 4 out 5 days, poor thing! He's so active and it's a really fun feeling.
Best moment this week: 
Figuring out how to work the ultrasound CDs they gave us. We originally thought they weren't burned correctly however my computer just couldn't read them, but Dan's could! So fun to see our baby on video! Also Dan and I have done a lot to start getting out house in order. We mounted the TV, hung some shelves, did some organizing etc and it feels great!
Weird pregnancy moment:
Still having trouble putting sentences together somethings. I feel like I'm not as fluent as I usually am. I've had multiple moments where I forget I have a belly and try to squeeze through somewhere I would normal fit and end up getting stuck, retreating or hitting people with my belly.
Symptoms:
Restless legs. When I'm feeling restless Dan and I will go on a walk to tire and relax my muscles. I come home and stretch and they always feel better. Shortness of breath. My lower back goes numb when I'm sitting in the wrong position. My fingers are swelling the tiniest bit so I err on the side of caution and take my ring off. One thing I've forgotten to mention is stretch marks. I thought I was very prone to them due to my experiences growing through my teen years, but surprisingly I don't have any on my stomach at all. I'm very surprised and am expecting them to show up with in the next couple weeks. I have 4 tiny little tick marks on both of my hips where some stretching has occurred but nothing on the belly. I have been very good about putting Palmers Oil and Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion on frequently so I feel it's helped!
Food cravings:
Chocolate. Anything sweet. I want to drink all the milk and eat all the cereal. We've had some good watermelons this season and I've been devouring them. I find I like spicy things more than I normally would (must be Dan's baby).
What I'm looking forward to: 
We're going to be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary soon, my mom is coming into town and then it's my baby shower! Then Dan's birthday! So much excitement coming up, I just have to make it through working every day.

How far along:
34 weeks 
Baby is as big as a: 
A butternut squash
(more squash?)
Total weight gain: 
24 pounds
Maternity clothes: 
I'm not a big fan of clothes in general right now. Everything is just so tight and I feel hot most of the time. Well according to Dan I'm finally 'normal' because I was always cold before.
Sleep:
Overall I'm still sleeping well. My belly is starting to feel heavy so some nights I'll tuck a body pillow up next to me to support it. This feels amazing for my back! I haven't had a lot of back pain, mostly just achy from supporting some extra weight and not being able to relax. The best way to relax your back muscles? Lay on your stomach or bend over, I can't do either! So when my belly is supported by something else my back can finally have a break.
Movement?
Lots of giant rolls this week and you can definitely tell where the baby is most of the time. Sometimes it feels like he's trying to get out. It's fun to feel him right through my skin and know he's right there, just chillin'. Poor thing has the hiccups almost everyday but I love feeling it!
Best moment this week: 
We bought our crib and rocker this week! Feels good to get some more big stuff out of the way! Dan also won this awesome award at work but the even better news is that they allowed the trip he won to be rainchecked for next year because it was right before my due date this year. So proud of Dan's accomplishments and I'm so happy he works for a family oriented company!
Weird pregnancy moment:
A lady in the target parking lot started exclaiming at me how cute I was. She was so sweet and very nice (and didn't even try to touch the belly!) she was surprised when she found out how far along I was and said how tiny I was. It makes you feel good when you feel like a whale! Any way it was so random and sweet of her!
Symptoms:
Some restless legs, Back aches. Mild swelling. Severe clumsiness (I can blame that on the pregnancy right?). During one session of Stake Conference I had to get up and walk the halls for the last 30 minutes or so. My legs were jumpy and those hard chairs are so unforgiving!
Food cravings:
Chocolate, sweets. Basically anything unhealthy. And MILK. Why is milk so good? I'm seriously tearing through a gallon a week right now if I'm not careful.
What I'm looking forward to: 
This week my mom is coming for the baby shower! I can't wait to see everybody!

Friday we started having a lot of rain. The storm didn't look very big but it was slow moving so it lingered quite a while. This was my view on the way home. That river is usually not there. Scary!

And this was the view around the metroplex. Dan was working in Dallas that day so it took him forever to get home. Certain streets around our neighborhood flooded but were open by mid-day Saturday. A storm like that, especially after what happened in Louisiana, makes you worry though!

Dan had an inventory near Austin on Saturday and originally I was going to go with him and make a weekend out of it. Once I started getting more uncomfortable with this baby we realized that sitting in a car for over 3 hours didn't sound too enjoyable. I decided to stay home and Dan booked a flight so he could get there and back quicker and be home sooner! Well everything took a turn for the worst when this storm rolled through. His flight was supposed to leave around 8am and it was delayed until 10am. Well he didn't leave the airport until 2 or 3pm! And they kept changing the gate so it was pretty chaotic. Luckily he was still able to get to the inventory in time and everything went smoothly there. 

He went to SaltLick for dinner (I'm jealous), stayed the night then was supposed to fly in Sunday morning and meet me at Stake Conference at 10 am. Well his 8 am flight was canceled so they put him on the 10:30 flight which was delayed until 11:30. Needless to say Dan didn't have the best traveling weekend! I'm glad to have him home though.

Next adventure? Putting this crib together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January