Cat Calling and Neighborhood Fights + (15 & 16 Week Updates)

Trying to piece together the thought-process behind my recent experience of being cat called is probably the most hilarious part. 

Man brain: Alright, at the Wally Worl-dang she's cute! Should I tell h-I'm gonna tell her. Yes. Walk awkwardly in her direction, that won't make her feel weird... in a parking lot... of Walmart. Say something!
Man: I see you!
Man brain: Crap that sounded better in my head. Uh...compliment her!
Man: I see you... lookin' all jazzy in your sunglasses ova der.
Man brain: Nailed it.

When has this worked? Someone tell me when has this EVER worked! This wasn't an ego inflated young buck either, he was in his early thirties, therefore he should KNOW it NEVER works. What does he exactly think was going through my mind?

Women Brain as thought of by Man Brain
Women Brain: Alright Walmart... I need milk, bread, eg-
Man: I see you!
Women Brain: Oh my gosh he can see me (squeal) He must think I'm so cute :D
Man: I see you... lookin' all jazzy in your sunglasses ova der.
Women Brain: Yay! This is serious! All I've ever wanted was to find true love in the WalMart parking lot by a total stranger hollering at me because of my clearance $5 sunglasses!!!11

No.
Stop doing it.

In hindsight I should have just went all Meghan Trainor on his because it would have felt dang good (Courtesy of my Dad for keeping me up to date on hip music)


Anyways in summary I kind of saw it coming judging from his body language when we were getting out of our cars. I made a point to walk cross traffic first, DISTANCE. Any two men (he had a harmless buddy with him), walking in my general direction in a parking lot after making constant glances at me first, is going to make me reach for my pepper spray. Lucky I didn't use it or that I didn't find my oversized pocket knife first!

Man I just had the most exciting week! I almost witnessed a fight in the neighborhood too. We live on a street that is a loop of houses. The only reason you drive on our street is because you live there or you're lost. It doesn't cut to go anywhere else so we rarely have other traffic than us neighbors. So when a truck no one recognized came hauling down the street going 40 mph you bet my neighbors (who are always outside being social and have kiddos playing in the yard) jumped up and flagged him down. Lucky me I was just driving home at that point and was blocked because the guy speeding halted to a crooked stop blocking the road. I saw this wasn't ending soon so I rolled down my windows and watched the show.

My neighbor was furious for obviously reasons and was yelling at this guy to slow down. Speeder doesn't care, "You can't tell me what to do! You don't own me!" (really, how old are you?). Lots of words and explictatives were exchanged for about 20 minutes. Then the speeder made it racial. It went there and was pretty heated. By this time the whole neighborhood is outside one lady asked me if I was calling 911. I was taken aback as I stuttered out 'No...' I don't know, two people yelling at each other didn't spark in my brain to call someone. There were no knives or guns and at this point they weren't acting like they were going to fight. I guess it depends on the type of neighborhood you grew up in?

For the last five minutes of the yelling my neighbor is just telling him to leave. Eventually he does and tries to go around me on my right side which caught me totally off guard. Someone yells to him, "Drive on the right side of the road!" and that tipped him over the edge. He's out of the car, charging, shirt is thrown on the ground and he and my neighbor are now in a pre fight circling each other. Me and some other cars take this chance to get by and I pull into my drive way. No fight happened and the speeder left. The Policeman show up an hour later (typical time in our area) get our side of the story then go talk to the speeder who lives on the other side of the neighborhood. Bad idea.

While Dan and I were starting a baby registry at Target apparently this guy came back on foot to fight. My neighbor was calm and collected, not in the mood to fight. That is until the speeder started threatening my neighbors daughter. horrible threats that you would NEVER say about a young girl. That's when all bets were off. My neighbor had a knife but it ended up being a fist fight. They used each other as punching bags as another neighbor looked on with a gun in case things got out of hand (Texas for ya). The police and the firemen came. The speeder was so drunk he was resisting arrest, shouting at the cops and mooning everybody. They cuffed him and took him to jail. My neighbor was being cooperative so he had no fall out from the fight. Speeder gets thrown in jail and got out the next day, we honestly thought after his current track record that he was coming back. We were outback eating barbecue the nest night with the neighbors keeping our ears open but nothing happened. 

Haven't heard anything about it since and the street has been pretty quiet. We're tucked in the back of the neighborhood so our street is usually quiet anyways but it's been kind of eerie now. I've always felt safe in my neighborhood previously but maybe I'll start keeping my defense items closer if there's people like that driving around! 

Okay onto pregnancy update!


Mostly things have stayed the same this week. I've had some really good days which makes me hopeful that constant good days are to come. I haven't thrown up in a long time but I have been gaggy in the mornings. All the sudden I NEED FOOD NOW. Some fatigue, not nearly as bad as the first trimester. My pants are starting to get tight so sitting sometimes is uncomfortable. A new, well not completely new, development is hormone headaches. Ugh, I have them daily. I've had 2 that I would say are borderline migraines and are debilitating. The rest are nonstop throbbing and pounding. I know I can take acetaminophen, but when they're not THAT bad I try not to take anything. I am drinking plenty of water so I'm not dehydrated, I'm convinced it the hormones but man do they hurt. And even sometimes make me nauseous. I'm hoping these will just be a phase. A very small phase.


Man I really cannot fully get rid of this nausea! I've conquered the morning sickness with cereal first thing in the morning (even though I'm not hungry yet), but this nausea is lingering. It hasn't made me throw up but it'll suddenly hit me and I just feel sick. I feel uncomfortable, I gag a tiny bit and nothing seems to help but distracting myself, time or sleep (which is hard to accomplish during work!) It most often hits me from 10am-2pm which is rather unfortunate. I really need to thank my coworkers for being patient with me. They're so used to me being very positive, upbeat and happy that I'm kind of a drag now when I don't feel well. I think they miss the normal me haha!

My energy has been really good. I still sit down to get ready in the mornings but I'm not as winded. I have started working out again and it feels really great! I love the pace I'm going and I'm really making sure to listen to my body limits because I'm sure they're constantly changing. I've been having sciatic nerve pain, which I expected but not this early in the pregnancy. It's always on one side so I've become accustomed to baby-ing that side when I bend over. If I don't my leg will give out and I was face plant. By no means it is painful, more just annoying at this point but it makes me wonder if it'll continually get worse. I'm also experiencing lots of round ligament pain. I'm learning I can't just twist and move however I want anymore, imagine that!

Oh! Oh! Oh! The most exciting part is that I went shopping! I went to a plethora of stores to find fixes for my current pudgy problems. Ross, TJ Maxx, Old Navy and Target. I found a plain black stretchy pencil skirt! Such a staple that I needed, plus it can grow a bit with me too. TJ Maxx was a bust. I wanted to buy everything at Old Navy but all their adorable dresses (which would be perfect but I'm a beached whale in the Texas summer) were all just a TAD short.

At Target I purchased a belly band and a new work out bra! Since I had no luck finding maternity work pants (and I didn't want to pay $$$) I bought this band that had great reviews. I LOVE IT! I was doubtful that it would be comfortable (wearing another layer), too tight (I don't want that digging into my belly) and would work (could it REALLY keep my pants up?) But it totally works! It has a sticky silicone band at the bottom- similar to the stuff on exercise hair bands- it stays in place all day AND it keeps my pants right where they should be! The fabric is so stretchy, even though I wear it folded over I don't feel like it's too tight or digging into me.

I'm so excited I have another appointment this week. I'll get to hear the heartbeat then in 4 more weeks we'll find out the gender! People keep asking me if we're going to wait and I honestly don't think I could. I'm going to be like a little kid on Christmas! We're so excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January