Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Here's a photo from the last day at my internship and logging my completed hours. It felt so good!



This is what our doorsteps looked like shortly before Christmas. I think everyone who sent us gifts arrived on the same day.


I spent the day and made lots of treats! I felt especially inspired so I made another batch of peanut butter blossoms, some cranberry orange muffins, chocolate chip cookies and my mom's sugar cookies (which are the best!) In short I baked ALL the things with Christmas music blaring and it was glorious.

Accidental USA. We're so patriotic!


We took cookies to people.


Christmas Eve we had Jenny, Phill and the kiddos over. We had a awesome stake dinner, watched a Christmas movie, decorated cookies and opened 1 gift. Here's our lovely tree! We read the story of the Saviors birth then went to bed.






Dan and I opened gifts the next morning while watching the Christmas Story, relaxed then headed over to Jenny and Phill's to hang out. We got to help surprise their kids with one last gift and it was so fun to watch!









We had a tasty Christmas dinner and I received this great Idaho shirt.


For New Years we did something a little different. We went to Seattle! Dan ended up having to do an inventory on New Years Eve so we decided to make a trip out of it when cheap flights popped up! It was either go with Dan or spend it with out him. Easy choice in my mind!


I woke up at 3am and boy is that early! I was wide awake because it was excited though. Dan and I flew out of separate airports but we were in Seattle by 9am. First stop? Pikes Place! I love farmers market so this was important to me and it did not disappoint. Everything was so pretty and vibrant! Plus who's not happy when they're throwing fish around? So glad we went in the morning, it was packed later. We stopped into Piroshky Piroshky and it was delicious. It's a Russian bakery. We are the beef and cheese and the apple cinnamon roll. Both were great.












We saw the original Starbucks but didn't want to tackle the line


Got a picture with the pig

Saw the (recently cleaned) gum wall


Next stop was the Aquarium. We saw so many animals! I was in heaven!
















Saw the Space Needle

Then Chihuly's was next!


















Then the rest of the day we toured Bellevue, where I was born and saw the hospital I was born at! We looked around Mercer Island then met his coworker for dinner at the Yardhouse.





In the morning we went and had breakfast together then he went off to work. I relaxed in the morning until the mall that our hotel was next to opened up. I made the short walk down there and entertained myself by window shopping and looking through the mall. Took myself on a lunch date to Panera (my favorite) and got two soups with my sandwich because they messed it up the first time. Lucky me. I stopped by the biggest See's Candy I've ever seen. To be honest I only went in for a sample, pretended I was going to buy something, then left. I spent the rest of the afternoon until Dan came home, reading, relaxing, napping and watching Netflix. It was glorious (and I wasn't working yay). That evening we relaxed, played games and then went out to a late dinner. We went to Black Angus and it was delicious. We had every intention of hittin' the town and going out to Seattle or Tacoma for New Years Eve, but it was 28 degrees. 28 DEGREES. It was so cold and we chickened out. We happily hung out, watched the Rocking New Years Eve and played games... inside!




It was such a fun trip, I'm so glad I went!

I attended my first Pack Meeting as a Den Leader and I felt so proud on the inside. It was fun and I really like being a Cub Leader so far! The boys are such a fun age it's awesome.


We got a special treat of seeing some of my friends from high school. Taylor and Kathleen recently graduated from BYU and moved down to Florida. On their way down they crashed at our house! Texas welcomed them with a typical crazy Texas rain storm and they feared for their lives while driving to our house. They made it here safely and we took them out to Babe's. If you've never heard of Babe's they make the best fried chicken around. There are only two things on the nonexistent menu; fried chicken and chicken fried steak. It comes family style with unlimited sides; mashed potatoes, gravy, creamed corn, salad and biscuits. It was so good, we were all happy!

Here are some other random pictures I found!

Bunnies in our backyard!

Dan's CPA certificate. So official! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January