October


HOUSE ----- HOME
I LOVE having a house and home. I'm trying to figure out how to make this house our home. I've done a tiny bit of seasonal decorating to make it look homey, but I haven't decided where to hang more permanent things on the walls yet. We bought a couch so that was another big purchase off our list. We've had a futon since we've been married and it's worked well in our small apartments, but I want to have room in my house where people can sit, sprawl out and feel comfortable. We plan to have this couch for a looonnnggg time because we're thrifty and frugal like that.

SO HAPPYYY


CHURCH
So far we really love our ward. Dan has 2 coworkers that are in this ward and one is even in the bishopric so they knew we were coming. Because of that our records were read in and our callings were announced on the same Sunday! Dan is the Assistant Deacons Quorum Advisor and the Assistant Scout Master and I'm the Webelos Den Leader. I was totally floored when they issued me a calling. I thought for sure Dan and I would have a Primary class because well... that just seems to be pretty common with a younger couple without any kiddos. I didn't ever register that Cub Scouts was an option. I don't think I realized that it was until then. I had to ask how old the Webelos are (they're 9 and 10 if you didn't know like me). I barely remember my brother going through Cub Scouts so I don't know a thing about it! I went to my first meeting with the other Cub Leaders. It was ALOT of info. This is definitely going to be a learning process and I hope I can jump in quickly!

WORK/INTERNSHIP
Per usual I need to brag about Dan. He has now been at DHG for A YEAR! How crazy is that. We've been in Texas for a year and now that he has a year of work experience he's applying to officially be a CPA in the state of Texas. How exciting! I'm so proud of him and how hard he's worked to pass the tests efficiently and all the work he's completed at DHG.

My work is going well. I'm balancing my life between the internship and being a teller. Right now they're remodeling our branch so we're working in a construction zone which is interesting but I'm excited that they are doing some updates. The building badly needed it!

Susan G Komen is also going well. I've done a lot of health fairs and helped out with fundraising events. It's been so fun just to jump in a help. I love what I'm doing but I have that diploma in the back of my mind. I can't believe I'm finally going to graduate.





We've been battling our 'friends' in the back yard...

 Earlier this month when I helped at Kick Up Your Heels for the Cure. It was a huge success and I was dead tired afterwards!



Cinnamon rolls for General Conference

Beautiful backyard view

Our neighbors are awesome and they invited me out to dinner while Dan was out of town. We went to Bj's... we were really there for dessert duh!

We went to the Texas State Fair! This was the first thing we did in Texas a year ago and it was fun. This year we ate Fletchers Corny Dogs (a tradition now) and funnel cake fries. They were delicious! We watched pig races, looked at the car lot and went to the petting zoo. Can you guess what my favorite part was? 
THE PETTING ZOO



They had kangaroos, a giraffe, cows, sheep, ducks, emus, ostriches, donkeys, zebras, and goats!

 One night we had a coupon for Krispy Kreme so we HAD to use it right?

Another perk to living in a house is that people BOO you! I was so excited to see these cute treats on our doorstep. I guessing from someone in the ward. I felt really loved!


While Dan's away, pumpkin cookies all day!

Spooky backyard

We had a lot of rain this past week which caused so leaks at work. Myke and Adrienne checking it out. Obviously we work pretty hard! :)

Making scotcharoos to BOO other people

We went to a highschool football game at ATT Stadium. So cool to be there and sit in the seats!


After the football game we went to Six Flags. Normally this would be super awesome right? And technically it was because there were no lines and we walked on all the rides... but because it was October it's also their Fright Fest. Oh they're good. Super dense fog machines, creepy half zombies grabbing your feet, chainsaw people, you name it, they had it! If you know me, you know I'm a huge pansy when it comes to scary things but I wanted to ride some rides! I poker faced my way through it all, looked straight forward, and sometimes used a child to deflect the monsters..I though walking behind a mom and young child would be smart because the wouldn't scare the kid... well I was wrong. They scared the kid so I left him and ran the other way!

Dan makes fun of me for the way I eat my captain crunch

 We carved a pumpkin!

I didn't realize how spooky this picture turned out until later #WIN


Fun after work at Los Molcajetes. YUM!



 Someone told them it was Myke's birthday so they scared him and sang to him very loudly. It was awesome!

Halloween at work 


Everyone needs a trusty zebra friend






I tried to be cute. This was harder than I thought it would be

The Texas heat made out pumpkin an old man

For Halloween we went over to Jenny and Phil's. The cutest batman and 'let it go' I've ever seen!
 
She kept calling me the big bad wolf. Close enough.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January