Is it too late for Happy New Year?

Where have I been you ask? Well usually there's only two reason for when I don't blog. I'm out of town/vacation or I'm sick. I'd much rather it be the first, but unfortunately it's the latter of the two. I'm sick again guys! Gross right!

Sickness
I got sick like... the 30th went through the whole coughing, sneezing sore throat thing. Felt better on the 1st but then had another sore throat on the 2nd and started the whole thing over again. It came back with a vengeance though. I'm still feeling it. I've had to embarrassingly excuse myself from the teller line in the midst of a coughing fit. More than once. I was freaking out because I was asked two weeks ago to give a talk last Sunday and I thought I'd be better by now. I made sure to take a lot of cold medication so that I didn't cough. My purse was packed with water, cough drops and snacks. How bad would that have been if I had to run out of the cultural hall mid talk? Seriously what would they do? What would I do? Sheepishly come back when I was better? Who knows, I'm just glad it didn't happen!

So I finally went to the doctor on like... day 17 of being sick. I had allergies (apparently a common thing here in Texas) which turned into an upper respiratory infection, which was turning into bronchitis. Good thing I went guys! Haha. I got a steroid shot in one butt cheek and an antibiotic shot in the other. Freaking ouch it hurt! Then I was prescribed oral antibiotics. I'm finally getting better guys! My butt, in case you were wondering, was sore for days! Anyways, I'm on the mend.

New Years
For New Years we were invited over to a friend's house and it was so much fun! They had like 3 or 4 families over so there were kiddos everywhere. We had a balloon to pop every hour for a fun activity until 'midnight' (we tricked the kids it was actually like 10:30). Lets see we had a silly string fight, decorated cookies, just dance, glow stick dance party, bingo, noise makers and paper lanterns. Although I was pretty drugged up and couldn't taste anything, we had a great time and were so happy we had something fun to do on New Years! The Webbs are awesome, I'm taking notes on how to throw awesome parties! Yay now it's 2015! (and that's 25 days late... sorry)

Dan the Man
He is doing great and his job is just at the beginning of busy season. Busy season is January- April. He's been traveling but it's mostly in Texas and usually is home every night. like this week he'll be in north/east Dallas one day then drive out west to Lubbock another day- he's all over the place. But he likes his firm, he likes his coworkers and he gets to eat a lot of good food!

ME!
I think I'm finally getting healthy thank goodness. I've started another semester of classes and I was so done with the last semester! It was just so much information irrelevant to my major that I found it frustrating. I think this semester will be hard, but I should enjoy the classes more. I'm taking a Foundations Capstone class about moral judgment and reasoning. It's actually a very interesting class that teaches us how to civilly discuss and debate moral issues. We're taught more to build arguments without fallacies. Our first bad study was about Mormon farmers who grow barley for beer. Our second topic is in vitro fertilization. It's an interesting class! I'm also taking a family history class so that'll be good. My last class is the bread and butter of my major. It's called program planning and implementation. This is a class that teaches and walks you through the process of planning and implementing a health program so I'm excited for that.

My job is also going well. It's no ICCU (I miss the green team every day) but it's a job and I really do have a fun time with my coworkers. I think that's just about it so here are some random pictures of things we've been up to!

Jenny and Phil brought us dinner and get well items! It was definitely needed!

We played Telestrations with some friends. I was very impressed when Dan drew teletubbies


We had a faulty part in our AC that kept making our fire alarms go off. This was the second evacuation which happened right before I was balancing to leave ha




I made cinnamon rolls. Yum! I've finally found my favorite recipe to use.

Here's me in case you forgot what I looked like

I've been painting my nails a lot with all the new nail polish I got for Christmas.

Dan and I got dessert for date night to Cold Stone. They now that these menu selections called Hot Stone. This was a molten lava cake with the biggest scoop of ice cream I've ever seen. YUM.

I'm addicted to buying EOSs! They have so many flavors and colors that I NEED to try. Thank you Kohls cash for making these free!

Hey and lucky you I cleaned my apartment real good and took some pictures for the blog! For those of you who haven't seen it, stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January