It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

One thing I love about blogging is that if I don't have time, I don't have to blog! It's been a whirlwind of a few weeks but I think after this week I'll be able to relax. So what have we been up to you ask?

We got a Christmas tree!! ...and then it died. Crappy deal right! We bought another one haha. Here's Christmas tree number one. The second one looks basically the same.





And I just realized I haven't posted pictures of our apartment... Ha maybe if it ever gets clean enough or I actually hang up our pictures I will. Here's glimpse of it I guess!

We attended Dan's work Christmas party at a winery down town called Times Ten Cellar and it was really fun! They had a great dinner and everyone he works for seems to be super nice. It's a smaller office but I like that you can meet and get to know everyone. Everyone got a Christmas CD they put together with some of the most popular Christmas songs then the employes got two $50 giftcards so that was really nice of them. It was a really enjoyable evening.

I attended a work related Christmas party. Down here they have these things called Chapters and a chapter is a group of credit unions that get together to accomplish certain goals. The chapter we're apart of does a lot of community service work through out the year. So this event was the Chapter Holiday party at the Petroleum Club. I've been to the Petroleum Club once before in Bakersfield and it was really cool so I decided to come to this one. I used valet parking for the first time (and successfully navigated and found my way down town by myself!). I felt kind of fancy. The party was great; the food was awesome and the dessert was even better! Plus hanging out with my coworkers is pretty cool too. Then gave away a lot of door prizes as well as went over the year's accomplishments. It was a neat experience!

I made a bunch of cookies this week for the Young Women. My mom's famous recipe!

The ward Christmas Party was also this week. Dan and I were on the committee and in charge of food. Overall it was a success! We bought all the food, everyone brought tons of food (I was scrambling to find enough tables to hold all of the desserts!) But for sure, everything is bigger in Texas! Because a lady in our ward has some awesome hookups we had a petting zoo for all the kiddos!


They had baby cows, baby goats, chickens, ducks, baby pigs, bunnies and she even threw in a llama for us! The kids were dying they loved it so much! After they play in the petting zoo, Santa was next.




Cutest Santa's Helper I've ever seen. While the kiddos were doing this I was playing referee in the food room fighting off the ones trying to sneak treats with out their parents knowing haha! So sneaky! I forgot to get really good pictures of the gym and what it looked like - I was busy running around with the food. We had chili and rolls galore!




The Christmas tree had an ornament for each family that was handmade out of wood.
The party was obviously a big hit and I'm just glad everything worked out and that we had plenty of food!

Saturday night we went out to dinner at this burger place called Rodeo Goat. It doesn't look like anything special but it was DELICIOUS! I guess they were voted best burger in DFW a couple years ago and I see why! It kind of looks like a dive on the inside but they use good, unique and quality ingredients. It was one of the tastiest burgers I've had. After dinner we went and walked around down town. mainly I wanted to see Sun Dance Square with all the Christmas decorations. They had a 58 foot real blue spruce in the square. It was huge!




Christmas also came early at our house. My parents sent us a gift that they wanted us to have before Christmas for obvious reasons:


Whoo hoo!! I'm SO excited. When I was making cookies for the YW I was so sick of my hand mixer. I can't wait to use it! It came from amazon so it was gift wrapped in a big blue santa bag. We found more uses for the bag...



It was very claustrophobic in there if you were wondering. And she sent me a box full of Christmas things! Wonderful ornaments for our tree and cookie cutters. That day we also received delicious Mrs. Fields cookies from Dan parents too! Definitely feeling the love!


Okay guys, I think I'm finally caught up! As you can see we were doing a lot and plus I had school and young womens on top of it. Finals week is this week and I'm so ready to be done! I've been doing so much homework it's been stressing me out, but I'm almost there guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January